• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Background Layer in Photoshop?

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if it's just my computer, but everytime I open a new project on Photoshop I get presented with a transparent layer on the layers tab, while the layer is white. Usually there would be a locked layer that says "Background," but I don't get that. I've tried changing the rgb options, and the background color but neither worked. I also tried adding a background layer from the layer tab and it shows up a completely different color, and it's affecting the way I use the blur option as far as I know. Help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When creating a new document in Photoshop there is a Background Contents dropdown menu which includes options for White, Background Color and Transparent.

You also have the ability to convert a layer into a Background layer if you don't have one. Start by selecting the layer within the Layers panel. Then from the menu choose…
Layer > New > Background from Layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines