Missing Brush Presets and location of custom brush presets

Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened up Photoshop today and all my brushes are no longer appearing in the Brush Presets. All my .abr files are still in the same location (C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Presets\Brushes).
I assume this was due to an update. My Preferences in the Creative Cloud app has "Import Previous Settings nad Prefereces" ticked already.

Is there a fix for this?

If not, while it is tedious, I can manually reload my downloaded brushes. However my own custom brush presets are not in the above location. Does anyone know where custom brush presets save to? 

Thanks in advance, I know this topic has popped up a lot but I haven't managed to find a solution yet. 

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Missing Brush Presets and location of custom brush presets

Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened up Photoshop today and all my brushes are no longer appearing in the Brush Presets. All my .abr files are still in the same location (C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Presets\Brushes).
I assume this was due to an update. My Preferences in the Creative Cloud app has "Import Previous Settings nad Prefereces" ticked already.

Is there a fix for this?

If not, while it is tedious, I can manually reload my downloaded brushes. However my own custom brush presets are not in the above location. Does anyone know where custom brush presets save to? 

Thanks in advance, I know this topic has popped up a lot but I haven't managed to find a solution yet. 

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 01, 2021 0

Have something to add?