Highlighted

missing faux bold and italic in latest photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there doesn't seem to be the faux bold and italic option in the latest photoshop. Or am I missing something? (no pun intended!) -here's a screenshot of my character options regardless of chosen font.no bold or italicsno bold or italics

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

missing faux bold and italic in latest photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there doesn't seem to be the faux bold and italic option in the latest photoshop. Or am I missing something? (no pun intended!) -here's a screenshot of my character options regardless of chosen font.no bold or italicsno bold or italics

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 05, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot in which the Character Panel is fully visible? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh! Okay, I feel like an idiot. I just went to menu and Character Panel and everything is there. BUT in my (perhaps limited) defense, when I just open it up from the side they are not there by default which is weird since the other options are - and it's not like I can make it wider- so it does seem confusing. Just going to put up both images in case anyone else ever has this issue.

🙂

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 8.46.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-06 at 8.44.24 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the Faux Styles may have been left out of the Properties Panel because they do not produce proper vector output. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Proper vector output?

Photoshop is a raster program, sure it can utilize vectors but that's not what I'm concerned about when I'm using photoshop. I want the full ability to manipulate my image at to any degree.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I want the full ability to manipulate my image at to any degree."

What is stopping you? The question is about why two buttons which are available in the character panel are not duplicated in the properties panel.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 1
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Photoshop is a raster program"

Photoshop is raster except where it is vector. Type in Photoshop is vector, thankfully. In the early days it was pixels on whatever layer was currently active. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/creating-type.html

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop can output vector data in (at least) pdf, svg and eps; so vector output is a possibility with Photoshop and deserves consideration. 

If the presence of the faux-buttons in the Properties Panel matters to you a lot feel free to post a Feature Request over on 

Photoshop Family

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select a font that doesn't have a bold version, you can apply faux bold via the Character Panel fly-out menu.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0