• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing gradient presets

Contributor ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m trying to use the gradient adjustment layer Photographic Toning gradient presets that I’ve seen in some tutorials (they say they are included with Photoshop), but when I open the menu, no presets are listed, including Photographic Toning. See the attached screenshot, where they should be listed at the bottom of the popup menu. 

Using the current subscription version on Mac.

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 07.15.01.png

How can I get them to appear?

Thanks,
Russell

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Deleted User

Hi

If you still have CC 2019 installed you can import them, not sure what the path is for a Mac but for Windows it's

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Presets\Gradients

gradient.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

You did scroll down to the bottom of the popup, right?

If it's not there, look in the Gradients panel (open it via the Window menu), and open the panel menu. Scroll down, and if you see Legacy Gradients, click on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you still have CC 2019 installed you can import them, not sure what the path is for a Mac but for Windows it's

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Presets\Gradients

gradient.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found them. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did scroll down to the bottom of the popup, right?

If it's not there, look in the Gradients panel (open it via the Window menu), and open the panel menu. Scroll down, and if you see Legacy Gradients, click on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found them. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I can´t find the basic gradient presets. I do have a folder with the Legacy ones, but can´t find the basic, color, etc ones. PS 2021. Mac. Thanks!

the photo shows what I have in my presents (only legacy) and the folder with the PS2021 presents, missing a gradient's folder.

minglessis_0-1633932537939.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the Gradients panel, Window > Gradients, and look in the panel menu. You should see it there.

Semaphoric_0-1633977528046.png

Clicking on that will install the Legacy Gradients at the end of the list:

Semaphoric_1-1633977599592.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I had the Legacy ones, but I was missing the Default one, which are in that same menu. I've got both now. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What version of Photoshop are you currently using? . In 21.0.1, the Gradients panel looks like this.

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 23.55.08.png

2019’s Gradients can be read from Legacy Gradients.

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 23.56.14.png

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why on earth have those been deemed "legacy"? .. they seem pretty useful............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Photoshop 23.1.1 ...

Trying to use the Gradient Overlay tool but there are no gradients. 

Have read and tried many of the previous comment recommendations... there are no Legacy Gradients that I can find.

Please help! 😩 ty!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, unfortunately, for a reason that escapes me, the Ps team has decided to have the option to load the legacy presets only present in the new preset panels: Gradients, Patterns, Shapes... But NOT in the local menus found in the option bar, nor in the local menu found in the Right-click of the tools....

Only the Brush tool has this option, making the new behaviour out of line with the convention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you need to open the gradient Panel (windows>gradients) and there you will find the legacy option, NOT in the option bar, nor in properties, or in the contextual menu of the gradient tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This was helpful!

Mark @ MCO Fine Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines