• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Home Screen on Photoshop 2020

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Dell Latitude 5400, 16GB RAM, 64-Bit, Win10, I am missing the new Home Screen. I can tell it was there, because I worked with it a week a ago. But after updating the dell drivers, because of issues with my trackpad, the Home Screen on Photoshop 2020 is gone. Graphic drivers seemed to be ok.

I`ve tried many of the troubleshooting ways shared in this community, but nothing works (ReInstall, Setting the Preferences to not using the grafic processor, switching to 30-Bit, rename UXP folder, start with Alt+Shift).

In the Adobe Chat noone answers (don`t like that "no-reaction" to paying customers).

What can I do more? Customers are waiting for edited images ...

Missing HomeScreenMissing HomeScreen

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, in preferences, switch to the "Use Legacy New Document Interface", at least you'll get to work in Photoshop faster than troubleshoot the new one.

Please post the contents of help>system info so that we have more info on the GPU drivers.

The 30bits is a fix I had never heard for this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you tried resetting the preferences

image1.png

Another thing to check, what kind of GPU do you have on the system, have you checked the manufacturers website for updated drivers for the GPU, it will either be Intel, AMD or Nvidia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel. And I have tried.

clgpu[0].CLName="Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620"
clgpu[0].CLVendor="Intel(R) Corporation"
clgpu[0].CLVendorID=32902
clgpu[0].CLDriverVersion="26.20.100.7262"

Downgrading Photoshop to Version 21.0.3. resolved it for the moment. But I will try to install the latest version again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching to version 21.1 did`t work. I use now version 21.0.3 to work with the home screen until there is a new hint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Did you try to check the "use legacy new document window" as shown in his preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. With version 21.1 running, I have to uncheck it, otherwise I could not start a new file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here, had to downgrade to 21.0.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines