Highlighted

missing object selection tool in PSCC2020

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to do the Classroom in a book for Photoshop2020.  I've done EVERYTHING.  Ctl+Shift+Alt at startup to reset preferences.  I've edited the tool bar...and still NO OBJECT SELECTION tool to be found.  I've checked updates (I'm on CC), I'm completely up to date.  Can someone help me, please?  I've watched every youtube video and followed every FAQ on Adobe.   The new tool is supposed to be in the edit toolbar screen but it's not.  In edit toolbar: My hidden toolbox on the right is completely blank.  

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by jane-e | Adobe Community Professional

The Object Selection tool is not in 20.0.10. It was introduced in 21.0, which is now 21.2.3, aka PS 2020.

• Is 21.2.3 available for you to install in the CC app? If not, your system does not meet the requirements.

• Does the CC app say 21.2.3 is installed? If yes, then launch it from the CC app and make a new shortcut for it on your dock or taskbar. You may have multiple versions installed.

~ Jane

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

missing object selection tool in PSCC2020

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to do the Classroom in a book for Photoshop2020.  I've done EVERYTHING.  Ctl+Shift+Alt at startup to reset preferences.  I've edited the tool bar...and still NO OBJECT SELECTION tool to be found.  I've checked updates (I'm on CC), I'm completely up to date.  Can someone help me, please?  I've watched every youtube video and followed every FAQ on Adobe.   The new tool is supposed to be in the edit toolbar screen but it's not.  In edit toolbar: My hidden toolbox on the right is completely blank.  

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by jane-e | Adobe Community Professional

The Object Selection tool is not in 20.0.10. It was introduced in 21.0, which is now 21.2.3, aka PS 2020.

• Is 21.2.3 available for you to install in the CC app? If not, your system does not meet the requirements.

• Does the CC app say 21.2.3 is installed? If yes, then launch it from the CC app and make a new shortcut for it on your dock or taskbar. You may have multiple versions installed.

~ Jane

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell us the exact version of Photoshop you are using.

Have you tried resetting the Workspace?
Window > Workspace > Reset [WORKSPACE NAME]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSCC2020.  I did reset the workspace, still nothing 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both of these suggestions can be easily done from the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app…

1. Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Photoshop?
  2. Have you tried installing a different version of Photoshop? You can have multiple versions of Adobe products simultaneously installed.

The above aren't solutions but aim to help isolate the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the reinstalled version from last week.  It took an entire day to download.  ;-/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pscc2020a.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Object Selection Tool is grouped with the Quick Selection Tool and the Magic Wand Tool. Just wanted to confirm that you know that hidden tools are accessed by clicking and holding down the left mouse button on a tool. You can also cycle through the tools by holding down the Shift key and tapping the W key.

capture.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to screenshot it but mine doesn't have that.  I only have quick selection and magic wand 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the 3333333!.JPGedit toolbar, I cleared all the tools. and manually added every tool....object selection tool (which is supposed to be under the frame tool) was not there. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try remove\rename folder

"C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I do that at?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not understand the question.
Watch the video

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 1
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tonya,

I'm wondering if you might have 21.2.3 installed, but have an older version open. Can you check the version that is open?

• Mac: Photoshop > About
  • Win: Help > About

Are you on Windows or Mac?

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on windows. its photoshop cc, reinstalled 4 days ago.  on the help-about screen, it says 20.0.10

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
jane-e LATEST
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, Tonya. Let us know if you need further help. 😊

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0