Highlighted

Missing Old Photoshop Shapes

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Mac, how do I restore my legacy shapes in Photoshop 2020? I'm missing the basics shapes such as arrows, bubbles, etc

I deleted my older version of Photoshop assuming the new version would already include them.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Conrad C | Adobe Community Professional

Click to open the Shapes panel menu, and choose Legacy Shapes and More. That will add preset groups to the Shapes panel. Then expand or reorganize the preset groups so that you can get to the shapes you want in a way that's most efficient for you. For example, you might choose to move your favorite shapes into a group that you keep at the top of the panel list.

Photoshop-2020-Legacy-Shapes.jpg

TOPICS
Download and install, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Missing Old Photoshop Shapes

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Mac, how do I restore my legacy shapes in Photoshop 2020? I'm missing the basics shapes such as arrows, bubbles, etc

I deleted my older version of Photoshop assuming the new version would already include them.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Conrad C | Adobe Community Professional

Click to open the Shapes panel menu, and choose Legacy Shapes and More. That will add preset groups to the Shapes panel. Then expand or reorganize the preset groups so that you can get to the shapes you want in a way that's most efficient for you. For example, you might choose to move your favorite shapes into a group that you keep at the top of the panel list.

TOPICS
Download and install, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 13, 2019 3
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2019 1
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem but this solution doesn't help me. I'm using Windows 10. I don't have a choice for 'Legacy Shapes and More'. (see screengrab) and I clicked 'Restore Default Shapes' several times which just repeated the files that were there. Any help? ShapesMissing.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2019 0
Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You need to access it from the Window menu

2019-11-23 13_12_52-Adobe Photoshop 2020.png

2019-11-23 13_13_34-Adobe Photoshop 2020.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2019 8
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! 🙂 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2019 0
Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please tell me how to SAVE these changes? I did this last time and i opened up Adobe and had to do this all over again!! Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2020 1
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much - VERY HELPFUL 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally!!   THANK YOU!!  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's enough to drive you bonkers, isn't it? They move basic arrows and grids, but leave with flowers and boats. What????

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020 3
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I completly missed that, thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Team,

Can you please keep it simple, why do you need to remove it in the normal/default menu/panel and put all in a folder under a folder and another folder!

KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2020 5
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY does Adobe do these things????

I use a grid shape all the time to set up warps on smart objects, but no! I need a folder full of flowers and boats! That's what the world really needs!

I should bill them every time they wreck my workflow, change default buttons, and take away features that have been consistent for the last decade with no way to revert. /rant

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2020 5
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the option in the window panel, either.  Just this big old empty window. Please help!shapes window.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the little "hamburger" menu in the top right on that panel. Open up the legacy shapes. You can yank them out of that sub-folder if you wish.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree....  what used to be a simple click to get to a large variety of shapes is now a completely unnecessary SERIES of steps to get to a large variety of shapes.  And the ''default'' is trees and boats????  WTF???  Why does Adobe feel that it's necessary to make simple things more complicated/convulated???

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2020 3
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This is very helpful. I wish the shapes were visible instead of the list of folders, but at least they're accessible now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 31, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news to you then! You can drag them out of the folders or make new folders. Customize it as you like.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 31, 2020 2
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet! Thank you! You brightened my day. 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 31, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again Photoshop shipped with live bugs and relied on the community to be the bug testers.
Sort it out Photoshop team!! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 23, 2020 2