Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing triangle tool

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Can anyone help me? I cannot find the triangle shape tool anywhere in Photoshop. I've downloaded the latest version but only have a list including rectangle, polygon, ellipse, rounded rectangle, line and custom shapes. I've also tried resetting the tools to default settings as well as the workspace (essentials).

Thanks,

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

I actually only recently discovered that I had a Triangle shape tool after I found it hidding in the Custom Toolbar window. Click on the three little dots at the bottom of the Toolbar, and choose Edit Toolbar  If it is the on the right as is mine below, then drag it back to the main window on the left, and place it wherever you want it to be.  Not only was I required to take this action to get access to this tool, but I had to repeat the process for every Workspace that I use.

I'll be interest

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

@davidw16320856 wrote:

I cannot find the triangle shape tool anywhere in Photoshop.

Hi

The triangle tool was introduced in October 2020 with the release of Photoshop 2021. If Trevor's directions don't work for you, then confirm which version you have open.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021.html

If you are using custom workspaces as most of us do, it won't be added automatically.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually only recently discovered that I had a Triangle shape tool after I found it hidding in the Custom Toolbar window. Click on the three little dots at the bottom of the Toolbar, and choose Edit Toolbar  If it is the on the right as is mine below, then drag it back to the main window on the left, and place it wherever you want it to be.  Not only was I required to take this action to get access to this tool, but I had to repeat the process for every Workspace that I use.

I'll be interested if this what has happened to you as well. 

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the restore Defaults button in the customize toolbar dialog then customize toolbar for your use.  You may even be able to setup a different toolbar for each workspace you use. There seems to be a checkbox for that in new workspace dialog. You can save over old workspaces to change their default configuration.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor - thanks for your reply. No triangle tool in the extra tool column for me I'm afraid - still baffled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, JJMack - thanks for your response. This still doesn't work for me. When I restore defaults there is not triangle tool option in the main list or the extra tools list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I don't even have the 3 dots at the end of my tool bar. I had to dig through quite bit to find the place where the triangle may have been. Edit>toolbar is not even an option for me in CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stephanie24660609jana wrote:

Edit>toolbar is not even an option for me in CS6.

The ability to edit the toolbar came out a few versions ago and was not available in CS6. You won't have the triangle tool in CS6 either.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To draw a Triangle in photoshop cs6 select the Polygon Tool and in the tool options bar set the Sides to 3 before drawing out your shape.

Untitled-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Trevor. No triangle tool available in the extra tools window I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davidw16320856 wrote:

I cannot find the triangle shape tool anywhere in Photoshop.

Hi

The triangle tool was introduced in October 2020 with the release of Photoshop 2021. If Trevor's directions don't work for you, then confirm which version you have open.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021.html

If you are using custom workspaces as most of us do, it won't be added automatically.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane. I have the latest version of Photoshop CC, just updated yesterday. Still no triangle tool. I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to make do with the polygon tool and manually change the no. of sides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

version 22.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for everyone's input, and my apologies - I didn't realise that my PC would open the 2019 version still after I'd downloaded the 2021 version from Creative Cloud. Thanks again, appreciate all your input

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize, then. David. I should have been clearer when I said, "If Trevor's directions don't work for you, then confirm which version you have open."

~ David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Trevor, this helped alot. After moving it to the right grouping, I now have the triangle tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys I think I found it but I know some people have also helped find it.. 
Basically, I did find it under the 3 dots (see screenshot) but hold on the three dots to get all the options.. (see screenshot)

Screenshot 2022-09-14 at 11.38.09.pngScreenshot 2022-09-14 at 11.38.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@defaulteaka1y3uwewp wrote:

, I did find it under the 3 dots (see screenshot) but hold on the three dots to get all the options.. 

You have a lot of hidden tools, Default. If you want them on your Tools panel for easier access, click "...Edit Toolbar" at the top of your screenshot, then:

• Restore Defaults
    or
  • Drag the tools you want back onto the Tools panel.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines