• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixed results with Select and Mask

Engaged ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 21.2.2 and I want to mask out a portrait of a person, and keep getting mixed results.

- I start with the quick selection tool and choose Select Subject and it seems to have done a good job of selecting the person

- I choose Select and Mask

- I want to mask out the subject as easily as possible so I choose the Refine Edge Brush

- There are some areas of hair that need work

1. Should I use a large or small brush when working with the hair?

2. Should I be brushing over the hair or just the edge of the hair for best results?

3. Besides Decontaminiate Color and Output To, are there any other sliders that are essential, or can I get good results just with this brush?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

The refine edge brush can be used on the edges of hair or fur to refine its selection and to add a natural fade in the edge selection.

You may have a look at this helpful guide for some ideas: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/select-mask.html#Refinetheselection

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines