• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mixing versions of Adobe Software

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some years ago I installed Adobe Web Premium CS3 on my machine.  It has served me well.  Photoshop CS3 is the only part I now use regularly, although I sometimes use other elements such as Dreamweaver, and Illustrator.

I am consdering upgrading to the latest version of Photoshop and Lightroom, but want to be confident that in doing so, my older software will still run should I need them. 

I can't find any Adobe pre-sales support contacts, so can anyone outher help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not recommended to use Creative Suite application alongwith Creative Cloud application on the same computer, as this results in overwriting of some shared components which render the licensing part of CS application faulty. Also you are using CS3 if this goes corrupt then you won't be able to reinstall it as the CS3 activation servers are put down. So its better you keep two different computers and freeze the computer on which CS3 is installed. See a similiar thread below

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/creative-cloud-and-cs6-on-same-pc-licensing-issue/td...

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You must be a Windows user.

You would only  need CS3 if you use features  in CS3 that have been removed in creative cloud Photoshop like Web Photo galleries.  CS3 is an old 32bit application you will be much better off with a 64bit Photoshop versions installed.  Install both CC 2019 and PS 2020.

On Windows 10 I have CS3, CS6,  CC2019 and PS2020 installed. I can not recall the last time I had to use CS3 for something...

Do not uninstall CS3 if you did not download the installer that does not require CS3 Activation.   You will not be able to install and activate CS3  with  your old CS3 CD.s.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines