Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mockup a cosmetic travel set

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm looking for the best way to mockup a cosmetic travel set. I have a blurry picture but to share it I'd like to get something way more qualitative, such as a mockup. I don't have any trouble doing this for box, tube and other bottle but for this specific pouch/case I have no clue on how/where to start.

Mes essesntiels de voayge - flou.jpg

Is photoshop the best tool to do so ? Or maybe another one like Illustrator or even Dimension ?

Thank you for your help! 🙂

M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

I assume you can redo the photography?  If I was doing it...

Lower the camera and make the lens axis perpendicular to the product (so you are not looking down on them.

Fix that zip. Tidy it up even if you have to reinforce it internally to make it flat.

I would definitely consider marking the position of the case and relative position of the products, and photograph them outside the case.  I might even do that individually.  Photograph the case while empty,  and composite everything back into

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you can redo the photography?  If I was doing it...

Lower the camera and make the lens axis perpendicular to the product (so you are not looking down on them.

Fix that zip. Tidy it up even if you have to reinforce it internally to make it flat.

I would definitely consider marking the position of the case and relative position of the products, and photograph them outside the case.  I might even do that individually.  Photograph the case while empty,  and composite everything back into position.  That way there'd be no need to use polarizing filters to eliminate reflections on the face of the case.

I have a BIG octobox that I would use for lighting.  There are no tricky surfaces to cause problems.

There'd be a decent skill level to do all that convincingly, but it would be doable.

Having said all that, if I was in your position and wanted to ask for advice, I'd be look for a stylist to ask rather than Photoshop users. Stylists can be a product photgrapher's secret weapon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for your recommendation, I have to admit that beautiful pictures with the correct light and background make wonders. I was just looking for a cheap alternative but the idea is definetly not to provide something homemade or even lower-end.

Thanks again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd be amazed if you knew how much preparation and time lies behind those product shots. It's not Photoshop. A good photographer will do this with lighting. There is usually very little post-processing - all the work has already been done.

I work at an art museum, so "product" photo might be the wrong term, but the principles are the same. I've sometimes spent 3 or 4 hours setting up for one single exposure. One click. I do that because I know that's still much faster than attempting to do it in Photoshop - and more importantly, the final result will always look much better.

If you think good photos will help your business - hire a good photographer. It's worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Revitalize every moment with Kinimo Cosmetics, the perfect solution for all your beauty concerns. We focus on the new-age definition of beauty, offering high quality natural products to inspire confidence and passion in everyone we touch.
We are providing wide cerity of products, including:
vitamin c serum
salicylic night repair 
argan oil hair mask 
vitamin c cleanser 
pink clay mask 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines