• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mockup > "Slice"

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told to do a mock of a home page (contains logo, login, search, carousell, about us, privacy, sitemap) and was asked to "slice" it and should product the HTMl that is "bootstrap"-friendly.

What does he mean by "slice" and how to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a crazy idea: You could read the Photoshop help on these particular web features?

Slice web pages in Adobe Photoshop

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried this and produce the HTML and the images but how then I "make it bootstrap-friendly". Or is there not such a feature in the first place. I am getting crazy over this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could regurgitate what’s written in the below article, but honestly, they’ve explained it better than I could have,

Happy to answer any follow-up questions after you’ve read it though!

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/slicing-web-pages.html

Edit:

Same link as above, I was 2 minutes off!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just to "ensure" that I am doing it correctly, say I slice the page into 3 portions (top, middle and bottom), then I will choose menu File > Export > Save for Web (legacy)... and I get the HTML and the images folder. Am I doing "slicing" this way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“I have tried this and produce the HTML and the images but how then I "make it Bootstrap-friendly". Or is there not such a feature in the first place. I am getting crazy over this.”

Bootstrap is a program for coding HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.

Photoshop is only going to give you HTML, whether this is friendly for Bootstrap or not is really a matter of opinion for your client, however since bootstrap supports HTML, one could assume it would be okay.

“So just to "ensure" that I am doing it correctly, say I slice the page into 3 portions (top, middle and bottom), then I will choose menu File > Export > Save for Web (legacy)... and I get the HTML and the images folder. Am I doing "slicing" this way?”

Yes. Please refer to the guide above if anything is unclear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With my 2-day old knowledge on bootstrap, I can vaguely "imagine" that it is possible but I need to put them into a "practical piece"... I can see the light in the tunnel, just need a little patience

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the page mocked up in Ps? Depending on how complex the design is there are likely other ways to do this.

Is this for a school assignment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is indeed a school assignment and so it is not complex Do you want the PSD file or just the screen capture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines