Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

moire pattern at different zoom stages and jpeg export

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I have a problem with the wave pattern on images (maybe its the moire problem). This problem appears inside PS and on the exported file. And is always different at various zoom levels. as you can see beneath with the snap of a jpeg exported from PS.

At a specific zoom level there is no effect what so ever. Could someone pelase help and explain how this can be avoided and 

Sincerely and thank you very much as always !!

--> High image quality: 2250x2790px

Christian5C7E_0-1612184790878.png

Christian5C7E_1-1612184814690.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide the original image (best not damaged by lossy compression like jpg)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different interpolation methods will lead to different results, as will different final sizes. Sometimes a minor pre-blur may help, sometimes intermediate resampling to different sizes may help vs a single resize step. This is often dependent on image content and final size vs. original size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intermediate interpolation is a difficult proposition but with textile moiree sometimes it can be difficult indeed … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed a single step resampling is generally the best approach, except for when it isn't. I usually start with a pre blur. It all depends, YMMV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will try it out...@ 100% th eimage is flawless....the moire thus only appears when zooming in and/or out. The initial file sizee ist 4700px height. And the exported jpg is 1850px in height. So i guess i should try to eliminate the moire @1860px height in Photoshop and than export ist. Or look for a value in PSD where the moire does not appear.

Thank you all...will watch the video!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video is not important, it is just an example of the use of the word »indeed« … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got it after i watched it...facepalmed myself 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now i get it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Haha, Fry rules!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines