• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

monitor image does not match print

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the image is the way i want it on the monitor.  when i set  the printer config for photoshop to manage the color the print is light and shifted to the cyan. when i set the printer config for the printer to manage the color the print is again light and shifted to the magenta. what's the deal?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your monitor calibrated properly?

What model monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PeruBob's got the heart of this correct ... first, is your monitor properly calibrated to any specific color space? Your monitor has to be correctly setup in some recognized color space in order to properly link with another device's color management options.

Remember ... you are connecting two devices with very different color management needs and setups. A monitor display color management protocol is very different than a printer's ink/dye based needs. The printer cannot properly modify the image for its color space if it doesn't get an image that was correctly viewed in the original color space.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Color management is the solution to your woes.

Monitor Display System Calibration & Profiling is the place to start. 

The X-Rite i1Display ( a measurement device that comes with software ) is a good entry level product for this

- it carries out display calibration and profiling in one quite easy to manage process

You will need an ICC profile for the printer and paper too, you should certainly be using a profile when printing - the printer manufacturers install these with the printer software [for their own inks and papers which is the best way to start]. 

When printing, use "Photoshop manages color" and choose the relevant paper profile there.

I also suggest you research "device independent color management" to provide an understanding of the concept.

Here's some straightforward reading on ICC profiles for you: https://www.colourmanagement.net/advice/about-icc-colour-profiles/

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines