Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

monochromatic image using "pure colors" in cmjn

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to make an image that is printed by only one cartridge in my CMJN printer.  For example I want that only the cyan cartridge is used for printing.

For that i tried to make a monochromatic image, like in grayscale but in cyan. I also wanted that the intensity (N: x%) in the grayscale image is kept in the cyan version (c:x%).

I used:

image>mode>grayscale

image>mode>duotone and as the only color I select for example cyan c: 100% m:0% j:0% n:0%

But when I use the eyedropper to check that I have only percentage of cyan in my image that's not the case. I have values like that: c:82% m:2% j:0% n:0%.

Is there a way to have only cyan (and not this 2% of magenta like above) ? It's important for what I'm trying to do that only the cyan cartridge is used.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommed 

• copy grayscale image 

• convert to the correct CMYK (Edit > Convert to Profile)

• fill with white 

• select Cyan Channel (cmd-3)

• paste 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's important for what I'm trying to do that only the cyan cartridge is used.

The drivers for composite inkjet printers usually color manage document CMYK color values—if you print a CMYK file the document’s CMYK values get converted to new values via the printer output profile. There are Postscript RIPs that will let you output document CMYK values unchanged, but they are not common.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, Duotone mode assumes the output is to separated spot color inks for offset printing—Ink 1, Ink 2, etc. If you set your Info Panel’s eyedroppers to Actual Color and sample a Monotone, the readout will be ink 1. If you set the dropper to CMYK, the Info panel is showing the conversion from the Monotone spot color to CMYK—the converted CMYK values depend on your Color Settings Spot and CMYK Working Spaces:

mono.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines