• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

More and more files failing to open

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue mainly pertains to photoshop. Over the last couple months more and more of my files have been failing to open with a message of not being able to read the data and then saying the file is not compatible most of the time is just says its not compatible. The files are saved correctly and many havent had any state changes since the last time.  Ive read about the issue on here and none of the solutions help and for some reason its impossible to find a phone number to speak to a tech or an email to speak directly. Currently i have hunders of hours of work that are gone and the list is just getting bigger

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and OS?

How much RAM and spare disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for your reply. As of today this issue is now happening to illustrator files as well and has been such a issue i cannot trust adobe with any projects. I have the most current and up to date os and adobe apps. Im pretty sure i have 16gs of ram or 32 i could double check but dont think it pertains to this situation as it seems to be some kind of issue with either my hdd or ssd and adobe as the errors seem to occur during saving. I have reset preferences and installed previous version. Im at a lose and extremely frustrated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines