• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse cursor hopping to next tab

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Photoshop CS6 on a windows 10 workstation (up to date), 64 GB Ram, fast CPU, lots of cache space, powerful graphics card with 6GB VRAM on board. CS6 has been very reliable and stable until recently. Now, when I position the cursor on the file tab it jumps to the edit tab. If I position the curson on the edit tab it jumps to the image tab, and so on across the tab line up. This only happens in photoshop and no other software. I also have InDesign CS6 and that is just fine. Sometimes I can double or treble click on the tab and actually get down to that menu, but not always. I  have deleted the prefs file and cache prefs, it made no difference. Mouse drivers up to date. I see this has been an issue in Photoshop for well over a decade but I don't see a consistent fix for the problem. I do not want to go to CC subscription. 

Any suggestions (other than buy a new computer, or go to CC) welcome. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Have you tried resetting all Photoshop Tools. If that does not get CS6 working correctly. Try resetting your Photoshop Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting all Photoshop Tools. If that does not get CS6 working correctly. Try resetting your Photoshop Preferences.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I reset tools and the problem has gone away - hopefully for a long time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here we are a few weeks later and the problem has returned. I have deleted prefs file and cache file, reset tools to defaults, but the issue persists. It is not a mouse issue - tried several. they all work fine except with Photoshop CS6. All works well in InDesign. It is a big problem amd making life v tedious. Some times the tabs open as wanted, other times, and seemingly randomly, I place the cursor on say the Edit tab and it hops to the right on or two tabs. 

Does anyone have suggestions? I see on various fora this has been an issue over many years. I suppose I could perhaps reinstall the sofware, though I hesitate to do that in case Adobe has some bizarre lock that stops this version being installed now, even if I do have a legitimaye license code.

Frustrated user on the west coast 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines