Highlighted

Mouse is stuttering lagging in PS 2021

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently upgraded to PS 2021 and noticed it has become almost unusable with the mouse stuttering every 3-4 seconds for about half a second each time. Trying to rotoscope things is impossible, How is this happening on a maxed out £5k iMac Pro? It's like going back 15 years.

As soon as PS is closed everything is fine. I hope theres a solution, it's beyond frustrating be going backwards.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mouse is stuttering lagging in PS 2021

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently upgraded to PS 2021 and noticed it has become almost unusable with the mouse stuttering every 3-4 seconds for about half a second each time. Trying to rotoscope things is impossible, How is this happening on a maxed out £5k iMac Pro? It's like going back 15 years.

As soon as PS is closed everything is fine. I hope theres a solution, it's beyond frustrating be going backwards.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for quicker answers"):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/Guidelines-Tips-for-the-Adobe-Forums/td-p/4788157

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mouse is stuttery, lagging, making the app unusable. OInter stops and then appears somewhere else on screen. Also dragging the main app window bigger or smaller makes the entire active doc disappear.

Screenshot 2020-11-16 at 10.07.13.pngScreenshot 2020-11-16 at 10.07.00.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone wondering about this, I actually discovered I had direct Adobe support so I was able to talk to a real human in real time. For some reason PS 2021 was causing a problem with an external monitor I had connected but not switched on. As soon as PS started, this lagging with the mouse happened. Disconnecting it did fix the problem but new problems have arisen in 2021 for which no fix has been found: Re-sizing the window cuauses the entire document to disappear and using mask select properties causes the document to be split into 4 small boxes in the corner of the window making the tool unusable. 

I've gone back to 21.4 PS 2020 and all works fine again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine does this exact thing! Must have changed the batteries in my mouse and keyboard 10 times thinking it was that. Hope they can get a fix sorted for it soon - will be returning to 2020 versions until then..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 0