i have tried several diffrent mouses 

only my wacom is working normal

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most Windows Wacom users found that they had to stop using WinTab Application interface with Photoshop 21.2.2 to get Pen  pressure working with Photoshop 21.2.2.  They had to switch to using Windows INK. When they Switch to Windows INK the Clone Stamp Brush tracking cross hair did not function with Windows INK. However they could use their Mouse and tracking did work.  They also found the could not turn off Microsoft Pen Feedback cursors for Windows's setting doe not work.  Which was one of the reasons they were using WinTab and not Windows INK.  Other users complain the Windows INK added a lot more lag to brushes them when the were able to use WinTab.  You are the first to report having mouse problems.  I had to switch to a corded mouse a while back for Windows 10 was having major issues with My Microsoft Bluetooth mouse. I find the Logitech G502 is great for Photoshop.  Zooming works great with the zoom tool and with the mouse wheel.   Try resetting all tools and If the doe nor fix you mouse reset your Photoshop preferences.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your detailed reply 

hope someone fix this soon 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i found that when i switch off "use windows ink" at the wacom tablet properties,

it starts the same problems that apear using the mouse 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've just had a very similar problem.  It seems to have fixed itself now (somehow), but I thought it would be worth reporting anyhow (in case it happens again and won't fix).

I'm on windows 10 and have recently had a Photoshop update, although that was a few days ago. This problem only just occurred in the last hour or two.

My zoom was working fine, I went off to have lunch - leaving my work open - came back, and zoom wouldn't work via the mouse click.   

I also use a wacom tablet and pen, but often switch between pen and mouse, whichever feels more efficient for the task.

With the zoom tool selected, clicking the left mouse button did nothing (no zoom in or out). 

Clicking and dragging the zoom tool - just a little - caused the screen to flicker violently and the image semed to disappear entirely.  In fact, it had been reduced to 0.1% in size - a tiny dot in the centre of the screen.  I could get it back by choosing one of the right-click options. 

I checked the scroll wheel option in Preferences to see if that worked, and it did.  It was just clicking with the mouse that had no effect.

Like you, I also use a wacom pen and pad, and the zoom tool does operate correctly with the pen.  But it has always operated correctly with the mouse too.   

I checked with the wacom pen, and that operated the zoom tool correctly.   When I went back to the mouse - suddenly it was working correctly again!

I wondered if it might be something to do with the proximity of the pen to the tablet when working with the mouse.  I always use the mouse on the tablet because my desk space is limited, and it's simply ergonomic to switch between pen and mouse (in the same right-hand position) as appropriate.  And of course, I'm aware the pen should not be on the tablet at the same time.  This time it wasn't, but it was close by. 

However, having tested various pen-close-to-tablet scenarios, I can't reproduce the problem.  Pen proximity is not the issue.

As I say, there is currently no problem, but I'd be interested if anyone can explain what was happening: why zoom-click didn't work, and why zoom-click-drag resulted in immediate reduction to what I guess is absolute minimum 0.1%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines