Highlighted

Mouse won’t function when clicked, but moves normally.

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mouse won't perform any actions when clicked, but moves around normally. For example, It changes to the hand when I scroll over the eye icon in the layers panel, but nothing happens when I click. L

I can't save, even with keyboard shortcuts. When I click on "File", there are no options available except for "Export", "Place Embedded", and "Place Linked...".

No idea what the issue is or how to fix it. Thanks for any help!

Topics

Actions and scripting, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mouse won’t function when clicked, but moves normally.

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mouse won't perform any actions when clicked, but moves around normally. For example, It changes to the hand when I scroll over the eye icon in the layers panel, but nothing happens when I click. L

I can't save, even with keyboard shortcuts. When I click on "File", there are no options available except for "Export", "Place Embedded", and "Place Linked...".

No idea what the issue is or how to fix it. Thanks for any help!

Topics

Actions and scripting, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this just happen? Did you update anything, like Photoshop or your OS? Can you give more details, like what platform, OS and what version of PSD you are running?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Peru Bob LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the tools and/or preferences.
To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.
Note: Using the keyboard shortcut, preference files for custom shortcuts, workspaces, and color settings will also be reset to default.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#restore_preferences

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines