Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move tool and text layers Photoshop 2020 - macOS

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The latest PS CC seems to have introduced  a quick way of editing text which has disrupted my workflow.

When I CMD + click a text layer with the move tool it seems to prefer going into text editing mode. Is there a way of disabling this? I would like to select a text field and move it around and use the text tool to edit the text.

Thanks!

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Not sure if I understand the issue correctly, do you click on the text on the canvas or on the thumbnail of the text layer?
I am ot able to reproduce the issue at my end, you may try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and see if it helps 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes and actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am CMD + Clicking text on the canvas. It goes into text editing mode. Several of my collegues have this problem with various machines.

Also note that as soon as I select the layer on the canvas, I do not pause and wait to move the text field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines