• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move tool bug - jumping objects

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A question to fellow designers: has anyone encountered a glitch in Photoshop like the one presented in the video. The objects jump after being moved. I have been struggling with this glitch for a few weeks and it's driving me crazy to be honest. I use Photoshop on Macbook Pro 16". I can't find any solution on Google, and it's an absolute nightmare to move object in Photoshop now. FYI: it's not snapping to anything, it's happening with the snapping switched off.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

OMG, the newest Photoshop 22.3 has finally fixed this annoying bug. Everyone please check!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, could you tell us the version of Photoshop you are using (check in photoshop>about Photoshop)

Also, which pointing device are you using? which drivers if it is a tablet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm using Photoshop 21.1.0 on Macbook Pro 16 inch with AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB graphics. The "jumping bug" is hapenning when I'm moving any objects (pictures, vectors, text boxes) with the Move Tool (V). It's been happening since one of the updates. If I move an object with the Move Tool and wait about 2-3 secs before releasing it it stays where I wanted it to be, but if I just move and realease it the object would jump to a random location, sometimes really far from where I wanted it to be. It's happening even with all the snapping tools/guides switched to off. And also with the smart guides set to off. I will appreciate if you can help me with this, as this is making working with Photoshop really difficult now. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would first try to update to 21.1.1 via the creative cloud app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me to SUPER frustrating, right now only solution is a hard refresh. Adobe needs to escalate this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, are you on a Mac, a PC? running 21.1.1? 

Are you running iCopy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEllo, you are mostly adressing users here, I suggest to search and post on Feedback, a site where users put bgs and feature requests, that is monitored by Adobe staff, in a relevant thread, providing MANY details about your setup as other users do not experience that (sharing the top part (until the serial) of Help>System info, listing how you interact with Photosho (mouse, tablet...) any "exotic" apps that are running, etc.

I found this thread: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/dragging-layers-is-messed-up-theres-a-lag-the... (where I linked this one) but again, the user did not provide many relevant informations)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only that helped me was going back to previous Photoshop version. 21.0.3 works just fine. Obviously it's not a perfect solution, but better than struggling with that bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see DOZENS of people, like me, with this problem and the only answers we seem to get are links to other usless threads with Me Too replies and or the standard Reset your presets answer (which does not work). Where can we go to escalate this. This is not some esoteric bug. You can't drag things. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here: the object jumps to the position of the cursor, not where I want it to be, so weird, still no fixes yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem with Photoshop 21.2 in my MacBook Pro 😞 ... I just upgrade from 21.0 in which i had any problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with up to date Photoshop and this bug has been on the last 2 builds. Super annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue it's been going on for previous versions too, is there a fix for this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please fix this current bug ASAP, please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the bugfixes of 21.2.1 lists some snapping issues, please update and report: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug is still there on the newest version (21.2.1), object would move a little toward the position of the cursor after releasing the left mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is unbeliavably annoying Adobe can't fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are you guys using a tablet? is it set to wintab or Windows Ink if on a Pc?

Could you record a video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it wasn't a tablet. I'm using a Macbook (macOS 10.15.6)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. As the "Adobe Community Professional," nothing you're writing in this discussion thread is of use or help. Please fix this. It's extremely annoying. I've been dealing with this for over a year now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been tearing my hair out over this as well. Grateful to know this isn't just me.

The only work around I've clobbered together is holding moved objects in place for .5-1 seconds before releasing (agonizingly tedious but at least it allows me to move objects preciesly.) I've found the larger the object the longer the hold time. Anyways, eagerly awaiting a fix for this. I'll be bald soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started using Photoshop and it's affecting me as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got same issue. Need a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here and the bug is still here on the latest version (21.2.2) wif Macbook pro 15" (10.14.6) OMG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today this bug is not fixed ! 

photoshop 21 version not work away 

this version made for photography only not producing hardwork 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines