• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move tool bug - jumping objects

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A question to fellow designers: has anyone encountered a glitch in Photoshop like the one presented in the video. The objects jump after being moved. I have been struggling with this glitch for a few weeks and it's driving me crazy to be honest. I use Photoshop on Macbook Pro 16". I can't find any solution on Google, and it's an absolute nightmare to move object in Photoshop now. FYI: it's not snapping to anything, it's happening with the snapping switched off.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

OMG, the newest Photoshop 22.3 has finally fixed this annoying bug. Everyone please check!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me...

MacBookPro BigSure 11.1 + Photoshop 21.2.4

Very frustrating... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC made for BigBug

not made for Production Use 

Dev Team Can't fix big bug 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug still is not fixed. Just downloaded Photoshop 22.1.1 and objects, vectors, pictures... are still jumping. This is very annoying! Only solution so far has been to use an older version of Photoshop! Adobe, you gotta fix that asap, seems to be a problem of many. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe genius team is die

but marketing team never die

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only temporary solution to this is to drag the layer where you want it then release then immediatley tap, after you've tapped you can then move the cursor again straight away without it dragging. It's incrediably frustrating and the fact that adobe have overlooked something so fundamental is a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a bug for nearly a year with no fixes on all the latest updates. Following this thread and hope that there is a fix soon. It's incredibly disruptive to workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely ridiculous. It's driving me crazy every time I'm updating Photoshop having some hope they fixed it, and having to downgrade back to the older version, when I discover the bug is still there.

Anyone from Adobe care to respond and suggest a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photosohop CC Series Made for Show or Demo Only not for hardwork or production 

great programer in adobe can't fix

new gen in adobe make money only not make quaility product 

if you want to fast and hardwork back to CS6 Only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2 March 2021, over a year after this first request for help, and nothing has been fixed. I'm adding to this thread to keep it alove. Dear Adobe, please fix this bug. It's incredibly annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, issue is still present for me as well... It's one of the most annoying things ever...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, the newest Photoshop 22.3 has finally fixed this annoying bug. Everyone please check!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What?? No way! Updating now to check...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it seems to work! What a relieve... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem with Photoshop 21.2 in my MacBook Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be fixed in the latest update! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case, did you check this help document as well? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/cant-drag-layers.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this will work for anyone else, but this probleme appears to have been solved in Photoshop CS4 when I deleted the following playlists:

com.adobe.Photoshop.plist

com.adobe.PhotoshopElements.plist

I have this program installed on my macbook pro. Don't know if it will work on a PC.

Hope this helps solve the problem for you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody having this issue have two monitors? I'm not positive, but for me I think the issue was the program was opening in one monitor and formatting to that ratio, and then I moved it to the other, where it got all confused about where the cursor was all the time because the ratio was different. So far it seems to be working okay in the monitor it initially opens in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT fixed!!! You got my hopes up only to crash them down. 1 hour ... 1 hour it took me to move 1 artboard and copy a 2nd artboard. This is beyond ridiculous. I am SO ANGRY at you Photoshop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click auto select off then the problem goes away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an incomplete solution to the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incomplete as INSTALL OLD VERSION Is Better way 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this problem with the move tool in version 25.5. Snap is off; auto-select is off. No matter how carefully I release the mouse button, the layer jumps a bit and I have to nudge it to where I want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines