• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Move Tool does not move layer when dragging with Wacom tablet

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2010 Aug 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the trial version of CS5 (probably going to upgrade at the end of the trial), and I've only found one thing about it that I don't like more than CS3. This is VERY VERY annoying, and I'm not sure if it's a glitch, or just a preference that needs to be reset:

When using the move tool, I will move something and it will just snap back to where it originally was. When it snaps back, it might move a few pixels over in the direction I was dragging, but it is definitely not moving to where I want it to go. The only way to get things to move the way I want to is by Free Transform...but it's annoying, when you're trying to design a layout, to have to free transform every element you want to move, first.

I'm guessing that this is a glitch because sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't...it's pretty random. I've tried turning Snap on and off, and nothing changes. Any idea how to fix/change this?

~Mike

Message title was edited by: Brett N

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 09, 2012 Mar 09, 2012

Hello,

I think I may have found the culprit. I started using Adobe PS CS 5 Extended the same day I received the Wacom Intuso 4 (about one year ago) and NEVER had a problem until last month when I added Adobe PS CS5 into the application section, see below.

This is the ONLY change that I made to my wacom settings beside the typical button layout.

Screen Shot 2012-03-09 at 3.16.13 PM.png

I just tested this out. I removed the Adobe Photoshop CS5 from the field Application field and restarted Photoshop WITH the tablet plugged in. Now, I can

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 144 Replies 144
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2011 Apr 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is Candelair? It may be conflict between the Wacom driver and another driver or utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Candelair is a utility that makes the apple infrared remote do more. Should I uninstall it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't hurt to try. Eliminating all possible culprits is a good approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have icopy installed or any other of the referenced programs that others are discussing, and I still have the problem. Not to mention the only program that is affected is photoshop... my machine shouldn't be in the influencing factor if the only program affected is photoshop, regardless if some conflict exists somewhere in my machine. If only photoshop is having troubles with a conflict, then it's my opinion that photoshop should resolve this conflict.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If only photoshop is having troubles with a conflict, then it's my opinion that photoshop should resolve this conflict.

No, that is bad logic.

Bugs in the OS or other applications can cause problems that only seem to happen in a single application (it depends on the details of the bug). And they sometimes are such that the affected application cannot work around the original bug.  If we can work around external bugs, we do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2011 Apr 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling Candelair has no effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue but do nothave InCopy installed. For me the issue is that I have a Wacom tablet installed in my office. When I unplug and leave the office without rebooting I encounter this error. If I reboot without the Wacom plugged in, it does not occur.

Attached is my system prefs screenshot also:

Screen shot 2011-04-27 at 12.09.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2012 Mar 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

numeroeins, you're right! Only it's not just Photoshop. I didn't have Photoshop entered in the applications section, but I did have Lightroom in there. I removed Lightroom, and now dragging works properly with the tablet in Photoshop. It's a pity that I have to choose between dragging and application settings, but dragging is something I need to do on a regular basis.

Kudos to you for finding this bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet! Glad it worked out for you! We are two for two. Any more takers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is wrong with Wacom's servers and forums right now.

Please contact Wacom support directly and tell them what you found -- they may need to get more information to reproduce the problem (driver versions, models, etc.) and narrow down the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2011 Jun 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While the problem has still not been fixed, I think I have some new insight on to what is causing it. Hopefully, this will be useful for you Adobe people who are (I pray!) trying to fix this bug. So:

-I have Photoshop open, with an illustration I've been working on. The tablet is plugged in, and I've been using the stylus to draw everything. As usual, when I try to use the trackpad (because it's more convenient than putting the mouse back on the tablet and using the mouse) to move an element, it snaps back. But also, I can't use the trackpad to draw a line with the brush tool. I click and drag but nothing appears. In Photoshop's history, it reads that I've used the brush tool, but still, no line. It's the same as with the dragging: the click and drag registers, but it doesn't take effect. The only difference is that with the drag tool, you can see the action reversing on itself and going back to where it was. With the brush tool, you see nothing.

-This problem occurs with all of the brushes: burn/dodge, blur, eraser, stamp, etc. It also occurs with the move, lasso, and Quick Selection tools.

However, it does not occur with a lot of the non-brush tools: marquee, pen, shapes, crop, type, paintbrush.

-When I unplug the tablet, I still can't draw a line with the trackpad or move anything. But if I reboot Photoshop with the tablet unplugged, the problems are gone (but then they immediately return when I plug the tablet back in and do something with the mouse or stylus).

This problem does ever not occur in Illustrator: this is a Photoshop-specific problem.

Conclusion: it's not the move tool that's broken. It's a lot of things, and it's only Photoshop.

I hope this information helps. I also hope that knowing it's more than the move tool bumps it up your priority list, too. When you charge a ridiculous amount of money for software, it should be perfect (or at least address known issues more quickly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2011 Jun 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using CS5 with a Wacom Intuos 3 for a while with none of these issues, however today got a Cintiq and it started happening right away. A full reboot made it go away momentarily, but not for long. I'm getting the snapping issue as well as the brush not being able to draw with the trackpad.

It's been almost a year since this problem came up, please fix this!

Moving an object WILL work when you hit cmd+t and it's under Transform. It will also move an object when in a Mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2012 Feb 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any fix for this?

I'm experiencing the same issues of layers snapping back, and pen lines not appearing that @hirshmon described.

My specs:

• Wacom Cintiq 21UX (as well as 12 UX at home)
  • 15" MBP running Snow Leopard
  • CS5

An update from Adobe staff would be reassuring!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you contact Wacom about the issue, as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not, as it seems to only be an issue in Photoshop CS5—no other programs are affected. If an Adobe representative replies to the thread and confirms this is still an outstanding issue, I'll try out Wacom's help forum next for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use CS4, works perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the problem. No iCopy or Candelair. But I do use an Intuos 4.

Move tool snaps back and brush tools (brush, clone, eraser, etc) can only make dots, not paint continuous. I guess because the tool is also unable to move or is snapping back to place.

I work with an external keboard, external monitor and the tablet, not using the trackpad.

MacBook Pro

PS 12.04

Latest Wacom Driver

Topaz Detail

Topaz Denoise

Lightroom

Firefox

Safari

Entourage

Restarting PS gets a temporary fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem again here. Latest everything installed and no extras/plugins. I have an Intuos tablet though.

The tablet and my magic mouse work fine - it's just the trackpad.

This has to be a PS bug surely? Command-T transform works fine, as does dragging out a selection marque.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2011 Jul 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the best option is moving by "Ctrl+t"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still seeing this issue using Photoshop CS5 v12.0.4 x64 with the latest Wacom Bamboo driver v.5.2.5-3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are u running Lion?  Wacom drivers not compatable with Lion.
G

[Moderator] Recent Wacom drivers (since Driver 6.1.6-4 from 22 Nov 2010) are compatable with Lion (10.7), Snow Leopard (10.6), and Leopard (10.5).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm running on Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on a 2010 Macbook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2011 Oct 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks for bringing this issue. I am having same issue when I plugged in my Intuos4 with Photoshop. If Intuos is unplugged everything is working normal but when I plug it in, I can't move stuff with my trackpad (still able to move with pen and arrow keys) along with other issues people are reporting here.

Please fix this issue ASAP.

Thanks, Harjinder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 24, 2011 Nov 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing the same problem with the snapping using Photoshop CS5 with the Wacom Intuos 4. Objects will not move properly after a while of usage, resulting to having to shut down the program and start again (problems starts again shortly after).

Has there been a solid solution to this problem yet?

Specs:

- Latest Wacom driver installed

- Lion latest version

- Photoshop CS5 (latest installment)

- No additional apps besides internet browsing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2012 Jan 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here......   disconnect the cintiq and restart photoshop and the move tool & trackpad line works.  PLEASE FIX THIS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines