• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

move tool flipping vertical and horizontal at the same time

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure it's a setting that I just haven't found. When I grab the right side transform control to flip horizontal it flips vertically also. Where is this setting?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Hold Shift to distort or turn off the constrain control in the options bar

jane-e_0-1607175024721.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, are you referring to the Transform options found on the Properties panel?

Are you on Ps 22.01?

The flip buttons are independent, if they aren't, I would try to reset your preferences: reset Photoshop's preferences by holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Pc) Cmd+Opt+Shift (Mac) as you click on Photoshop's icon to start it up.

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

If you do have access to the menu Edit>Preferences (Pc) or Photoshop>Preferences (Mac), it is possible to reset them from the General submenu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I'm not seeing any menu items that will change that. I did your suggested reset and looked in preferences. Yes, 22.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also not able to chenge the width or height of anything with the tranform buttons. The width and height stay relative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flip Horizontal and Flip Vertical are in the Edit Menu > Transform. 

If you are using the options bar to type the width or height and don't want relative, click the Link button in between them so each control operates independently instead of in tandem.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. What I want to do is grab top right and be able to drag it left and up and make that narrow and tall. The buttons are not working independently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold Shift to distort or turn off the constrain control in the options bar

jane-e_0-1607175024721.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the ticket right there. Thank you Jane!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, @divebombinc .  There is also a third way: go to Preferences > General and check "Use Legacy Free Transform". Any of the three methods will work.

~ Jane

jane-e_0-1607201233604.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines