• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

moved from lightroom, why copy greyed out?

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im used to using lightroom but starting to use Photoshop more. In lightroom if i make some adjustments and want to copy them to anothe photo i just copy and paste the setting i want and done. Tryng that in photoshop and copy is all greyed out. What should I do? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop and Lightroom work on entirely different principles.

Photoshop is a pixel editor, it works directly on the image pixels and alter them as needed.

Lightroom is a parametric editor, leaving the original image pixels unaltered, but storing all edits as a list of text instructions.

There is a bit of functional overlap, where Photoshop "borrows" parametric techniques. The most commonly used is adjustment layers. If you use that instead of direct pixel adjustments, you can simply drag an adjustment layer from one file to another.

If you do that, pay attention to two things: One, the layer mask (if any). Two, the color spaces of the two files (sRGB, Adobe RGB etc). They need to be the same, or the adjustment will have a different meaning in the target file and the appearance change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines