Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Adobe to a different drive on the same PC

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can someone offer some advice. I have Adobe in a drive on my Windows PC (C Drive) . I have a huge amount of space on my (D drive). Is there a way of moving Adobe without losing all my set up. I have read most advice and it does not seem clear. I need Adobe for 'work' so cannot afford a long wait or find huge errors later on. 

If I uninstall and reinstall do I lose my whole set up, brushes, plug ins etc?

I have been able to manage up until now but I am working on very large files. File management is not the issue, i am happy with that. I just want to move my whole Adobe to the much bigger drive.

Could someone oofer some accurate advice or point in the direction of any tutorials. 

Best wishes 

Dave 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uninstall PS leave Preferences installed do not have the removed.  Install PS or other drive. you will need to install you plug-ins and add ons.  You setting and preferences actions gradient pattern should still be OK there in you preferences, You will also want to remove what is  left behind in PS C: install tree.  Your old plug-ins and scripts will still be in the c: Photoshop tree. Leave the common file Adobe be on the C: drive. All of Photoshop will not install on D:  your User Preferences will still be in yours user id Appdata most likely on C:.

You can not simple move PS thet are too many registry changes you would need to make....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines