Highlighted

Moving CC from one HD to another

Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe CC is on my C drive taking up 8Gb of space.

I could do with that space because the drive is where my OS is (100Gb SSD) and occasionally gets close to maxing out.

Can I move my CC to another drive (slower but 1TB of space) without having to unisnstall and re-install it?

Can I even uninstall all things Adobe and re-install them to my other HD and all the associated folders with it?

Could the whole Adobe folders be dragged and dropped to the other drive and retain functionality?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ged Traynor | Adobe Community Professional

Hi

You can change the install location in the Creative Cloud app, you will need to uninstall it from your current drive and then install to the 1TB HDD

Make sure to set the scratch disk to the HDD drive to avoid scratch disk errors, in the long run you would be better off clearing stuff off your primary drive, with less than 8GB of free space you're going to run into issues on an OS level.

2020-09-10 10_30_18-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Topics

Download and install, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Moving CC from one HD to another

Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe CC is on my C drive taking up 8Gb of space.

I could do with that space because the drive is where my OS is (100Gb SSD) and occasionally gets close to maxing out.

Can I move my CC to another drive (slower but 1TB of space) without having to unisnstall and re-install it?

Can I even uninstall all things Adobe and re-install them to my other HD and all the associated folders with it?

Could the whole Adobe folders be dragged and dropped to the other drive and retain functionality?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ged Traynor | Adobe Community Professional

Hi

You can change the install location in the Creative Cloud app, you will need to uninstall it from your current drive and then install to the 1TB HDD

Make sure to set the scratch disk to the HDD drive to avoid scratch disk errors, in the long run you would be better off clearing stuff off your primary drive, with less than 8GB of free space you're going to run into issues on an OS level.

Topics

Download and install, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling an reinstalling is the best way to go. Copying/moving installation files may not work or would create other problems. 

>Can I even uninstall all things Adobe and re-install them to my other HD and all the associated folders with it?
What associated folders are you referring to? When installing, you can point to the hard drive and it will copy all relevant files there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dean - Plug-ins. As an example, I have Skylum installed which opens through Photoshop in the filters menu. I assume I would need to re-install that too if I re-install CC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I would reccomend reinstalling plugins. Sometimes, uninstalling programs (Adobe or other) will leave behind the plugin files. If you use a cleaner application, those will be removed. Installing the plugin again will ensure they work and associate fully with the new installation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all Adobe software uses the temp folder by default this is C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp

and the stuff in this folder can be deleted anytime Adobe is not running

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines