• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

moving CS6 to another computer

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have owned CS6 for several years and am very happy with it. I am updating my PC to Windows 10. How can I retain photoshop CS6 ? I want to completely clean the disc with a Windows 10 install. If CS6 isn't supported anymore can I still download it ? It's several years since I bought it, I don't remember the activation process.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to deactivate it first, and you need to have your activation code to install on the new computer. It sounds like you don't have the disks to install. I'm not sure where to download it now. Maybe some other folks might know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought it online and downloaded it. I never registered it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the license number though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try this link, but I don't know if the download link still works.

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that but it only links to a trial version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. Adobe support has given me a different answer to the one in that link. They have said I can download CS6 onto my new drive and they will supply me with a license key as long as I pay, even though I paid for CS6 previously. I'm obviously not happy with that, there is not supposed to be a time limit on how long you can own CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS1, CS2 and CS3 are dead & gone. The activation servers were removed from service years ago. Even if you find an installer, it's impossible to activate the software. 
--------------------------
CS4, CS5 and CS6 are on life support. But they can still be activated providing you have the following:
1. original media (disks or downloads) you received at purchase and a way to read them,
2. a legitimate serial number for that particular product version, language and platform (Win/Mac),
3. an older operating system that can support legacy 32-bit apps.
--------------------------
NOTE: Adobe removed links to installers and CS updaters. You may or may not find them from your legacy CS6 applications.  Without the updates, some products may not work properly.

NOTE 2: Legacy Creative Suite is discontinued & unsupported. Use it at your own risk.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!  Real Adobe reps don't contact customers via Outlook, Gmail or Skype.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe support has given me a different answer... They have said I can download CS6 onto my new drive and they will supply me with a license key as long as I pay, even though I paid for CS6 previously"

That's not Adobe support.  Whoever you contacted is an impostor intent on taking your money, your credit card info, your identity or worse.  What you get in return is nothing but grief.  Don't go near that offer.  It's bogus!

Creative Cloud has not been sold legally since early 2017.  It's officially end of life.

========

MODERN OPTIONS:
Photoshop or Premier Elements 2020 (approx $100, no subscription needed)
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan -- approx $10/month for 12 months. Includes the very latest versions of these great products & services:
-- Photoshop and Photoshop on iPad
-- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
-- Lightroom Classic
-- Portfolio website + hosting
-- Spark with premium features
-- Bridge
-- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps (31 + apps & services) or Single Apps plans
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that expalins why they seemed so incompetent. For example I told them that I originally downloaded the program and currently have Windows 7 but am upgrading to W10. Their answer was "so you bought the CD/DVD version? and currently you are using Windows 10 ?".  I won't communicate with them any longer.                                                                                             I've still got the license key and I was able to download CS6 again onto the new drive with W10 installed but it won't recognise the license. I didn't want to have to learn a new version but I guess Elements 2020 is my only choice,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't deleted the PM from the scammer, please click the Report button to send it to Adobe.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS6 can still be activated with a genuine license key. What error message do you get?

Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't do it - scam!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you get that "Adobe Support" answer from? If it was a Private message here then it is a scamming attempt.

Don't fall for it.

If you bought CS6 direct from Adobe, as opposed to a 3rd party site, you can go to your account, select "order history" and your download link and serial number should still be there.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines