Highlighted

Moving or relocating a marquee selection does not snap its center to guidelines

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In older versions of PS, you used to be able to simply move or relocate a marque (or other shape) pixel selection by dragging with the marquee tool. It would also snap its bounding box and/or center to guidelines.

Now you have to hold down the spacebar to move it—without letting go of the mouse button (awkward). Though the selected area's bounding box snaps to guides, its center doesn't—AND IT SHOULD, DAMNIT!!

I often don't want to move pixels—JUST the marquee—to snap its center to a center guideline so that I can then draw more guides which snap to either side of the marquee.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Moving or relocating a marquee selection does not snap its center to guidelines

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In older versions of PS, you used to be able to simply move or relocate a marque (or other shape) pixel selection by dragging with the marquee tool. It would also snap its bounding box and/or center to guidelines.

Now you have to hold down the spacebar to move it—without letting go of the mouse button (awkward). Though the selected area's bounding box snaps to guides, its center doesn't—AND IT SHOULD, DAMNIT!!

I often don't want to move pixels—JUST the marquee—to snap its center to a center guideline so that I can then draw more guides which snap to either side of the marquee.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 09, 2020 0

Have something to add?