Highlighted

Moving or resizing an object makes a visual duplicate of later

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I use the move tool, whether it's resizing an object or moving it, the object is making a visual duplicate on my screen, pictures to hopefully help clarify:

PixelHero27_0-1595191551948.pngPixelHero27_1-1595191643750.png

And if you look at the layer on the right, you see that the layer isn't showing the duplicate, but no matter what I seem to do it's not going away, this is especially annoying when trying to resize text, what should I do?

Topics

Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Moving or resizing an object makes a visual duplicate of later

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I use the move tool, whether it's resizing an object or moving it, the object is making a visual duplicate on my screen, pictures to hopefully help clarify:

PixelHero27_0-1595191551948.pngPixelHero27_1-1595191643750.png

And if you look at the layer on the right, you see that the layer isn't showing the duplicate, but no matter what I seem to do it's not going away, this is especially annoying when trying to resize text, what should I do?

Topics

Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does disabling Legacy Compositing and restarting help--like the solution in this thread https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-making-unwanted-duplications/td-p/11241833?page=1?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I did try that, however it didn't work.  Instead, I "reset all preferences on close" and it did work.  it also fixed the crash on blending options problem too, thank you 😄

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please try to update to 21.2.1, as one of the listed bug fixes is for this very problem, and please report if it worked: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues

(but leaving legacy off is the best option going forward, anyways)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines