• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving text layers constantly switches to Text tool?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I beg for troubleshooting in CS6!
When i need to move text layers - it constantly switches to Text-tool as if i wanted to edit the word. 

How to stop that?
I have to re-switch to Move-tool after every damn single movenment. Please Help!!!

( I never use "auto select"  - i just don`t like it in my workflow )

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try resetting the Tools

2020-01-09 20_11_12-Adobe Photoshop 2020.png

If that doesn't help try a preferences reset, you may want to backup your settings beforehand

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!
But thats its not in the tool itself - that is one of "new cool features" which are meant to make life easier, but create a hell for one who starts using CS6 after years in older version: I `ve already fixed "shift holding when transforming" and some another new things returning them to old style of behavior. But can`t find any info about this one ((. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not just CS6. I have the latest version of CC and it does this too. Resetting doesn't do anything. This is like the tech guy telling you it's "operator error" when it's really just a software issue. Don't jump through the hoops as they don't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be double clicking. If you just drag a text box it doesn't change from the move tool. If you double click it does...

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeeeah, thats it, i click and move it a little, than again a little - and dear Photoshop starts to think that I want to edit :(((
Maybe you know how to get rid of that? Without changing double-clicking speed in the whole system? << But you gave me to this idea at least - thaaaaank you!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the arrow keys to move layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shift arrow to move it faster...

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not double clicking and I have the same problem. Never used to be this way, but the latest CC update is full of bugs... or fancy new features that just work like bugs. It needs to be fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this. This along with the completely counter-intuitive shift tool scaling debacle are the bane of my existence. (Yes, it's counter-intuitive since it breaks the UI norm of shift being a constraining tool, but ONLY on non-vector objects. I digress.) I am also a veteran user and work super quickly. Using the arrow tool to move text in photoshop is ridiculous and doesn't work with my flow. Let's hope they come up with a preference checkbox like they did with legacy transform which states that you need to more actively click into the text itself vs the current NEW AND IMPROVED hair trigger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely agree with adampadilla. This is insanely frustrating. I too work at a high speed level and using the arrow tool is a ridiculous counter-intuitive compromise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines