Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mulitchannel is greyed out

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to convert a file into a multichannel, and the option is greyed out.  I have seen many posted on this forum related to this issue.  Does anyone have any insight on how to fix this?  Thanks! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the current image mode?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My image mode is CMYK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 3.57.38 PM.pngThis is where multichannel is greyed out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a multichannel ICC profile installed ? I just download a multichannel profile to test and multichannel ungreyed after installing the profile and restarting Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

I do not.  Where do I find the profile to install?

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To convert to a profile, the profile needs to be installed. A multichannel profile is specific to the inks, paper and press that you are using. So it may contain for example CMYKOV. You would need to get the profile from the print operator that you are using to print. There is no generic multichannel profile just as there is no generic CMYK profile.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it!  After doing some more research, I started to gather that.  Thank you for your help, Dave!

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be worth explaining what you are trying to achieve through multi-channel. If it is  CMYK plus specific spot colours then there are other workflows to separate those colours.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Dave!

I want to separate an image into 2-3 colors using an automated color separation process for a possible risograph print.  I had watched a tutorial about it on the printing companies website, which is how I learned about spot channels and the multichannel.  After your help and some more research, I found that they sell their ICC profiles on their website that are specific to their riso colors and printer.  After I download that, the multi-channel should become available.  If I run into problems with that part, I may reach out to you.  Thanks again for all your help and quick responses.

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop and operating system are you using

What is the Image Mode and Bit Depth of your document?

Screenshot-(96).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I am working in CMYX, 8bit

22.0.1 release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines