Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multi GPU System - CC Apps keep disabling GPU acceleration

New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

this could be a general Adobe CC Question, but it's most prevalent in PS and extremely frustrating to work with:

I have a multi GPU System (4x GTX 1080) and a dual monitor setup (connected to card 1+2), Windows 10.

Photoshop keeps disabling GPU accelerated features like the drag zooming and panning, the color and brush size selection etc.

I tried a few solutions like app-specific nvidia system settings: Setting Photoshop to use only one card for CUDA rendering and using multi-GPU compability mode etc.

It works sometimes and then just disables the features mid-work. I allready read that there is some kind of disabling automatism going on with mutli-monitors multi-gpu combinations. How do I fix this? It's quite dissappointing to see CC struggle with setups that aren't that exotic...

Hope someone can help

Cheers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

See Item 7 and 8 on this page re troubleshooting multiple graphics cards

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe specifically warns against multiple GPUs:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

"Photoshop currently doesn't take advantage of more than one graphics processor. Using two graphics cards does not enhance Photoshop's performance.

Multiple graphics cards with conflicting drivers can cause problems with graphics processor accelerated features in Photoshop.

For best results, connect two (or more) monitors into one graphics card.

If you have to use more than one graphics card, make sure that they are the same make and model. Otherwise, crashes and other problems can occur in Photoshop"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's true, but I do have multiple GPUs and I still want to use their products. I'm interested in workarounds/solutions.

Since all my cards are the same model I will try plugging both monitors into the same card as suggested in their statement.

I think we can agree that this isn't really an acceptable state of this software to just flat out drop features with better pc specs...

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Item 7 and 8 on this page re troubleshooting multiple graphics cards

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If in my case i have a laptop, that options works too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Most likely yes... Obviously some what dependent on your specific setup:-)

I have been having problems with this bug through the last 3 PS updates, as well as scrubby zoom and Rubylith not working after the update(s) even though I had prev. set my ASUS laptop (dual card) to use the more advanced NVIDIA card & settings. The key, for me at least, seems to have been adding PSsniffer.exe to the list. After adding that all three of the problems have disappeared. Fingers crossed that they stay away:-)

This on a NVIDIA GeForce 940MX and cashe levels set to 6.

Ned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, had the same issue with PS and multi GPU system, in my case 1 GTX and 3 RTX, all different GPUs.

Resolved PS issue when plugging monitors to my latest GPU (3080), now PS works just fine.

But still have a major issue with the multi GPU system and After Effects.

After Effect loads or initialize projects very slow at the start. it's somewhat better after the initial start which lags a few minutes, but still, there are some glitches, lags, or even crashes.

Tried to limit AE to use only one GPU via Nvidia control panel and windows 11 display/graphics settings, plugging monitors to different GPU, but no luck.

The only solution for me is to disable 3 of 4 GPUs in the device manager and after that AE is flawless and fast.

So, for now, that is the only solution, when rendering in C4D/Redshift I need to enable all GPUs and when using AE, I need to disable 3 GPUs. A bit painful process but only this works for me.

Wish there in a reliable solution to limit AE to only one GPU without disabling GPUs in device manager, really pain when I need to use Redshift and AE back and forth or in the same time 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can confirm that mixing GTX and RTX GPUs cosing the AE issues. Removing GTX GPU from the system resolves all issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines