• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

multi-touch bar remove color samples

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can add a sample to the bar, but how can I remove a color sample from it? There are too many samples in my bar...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

You have to cancel the NSColorPanelSwatches.plist file in User>Library>Colors.

Unfortunately, it will delete ALL the swatches saved on Touch Bar, both in Illustrator or Photoshop. But there's no alternative. A new file will appear next time you will add a new color on Touch Bar.

Schermata 2017-12-30 alle 14.29.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ztramp,

Could you please try checking this article as it might be helpful: Learn how to work with the MacBook Pro Touch Bar in Photoshop.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil,

The linked article doesn't have any information about how to remove colours from the touchbar swatch. Can you suggest any other ways to remove the colours from the touchbar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

sorry the reply is unsatisfactory.

Would be better to aknowledge that neither Apple nor Adobe have actually figured this out. Shame as it seemed an excellent use of the touch bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to cancel the NSColorPanelSwatches.plist file in User>Library>Colors.

Unfortunately, it will delete ALL the swatches saved on Touch Bar, both in Illustrator or Photoshop. But there's no alternative. A new file will appear next time you will add a new color on Touch Bar.

Schermata 2017-12-30 alle 14.29.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful, thank you @chiaracreative!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't fins any file like that on my machine  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chiara for the hint but when I delete the .plist file swatches on touch bar still stay. Am I missing something? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I have the same problem, however I cannot find this file... Any suggestions?

Ofek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to delete any profiles at all.
All you need to do is open a terminal (or any other application where there is a color setting: edit - show colors / color settings (control + command + c)).
At the bottom of the window that opens, there is a panel next to the colour picker tool with color swatches. You just need to transfer them from there to the basket and that's it, they will disappear from the Touch Bar

Вообще не надо удалять никакие профеля.
Все что нужно сделать открыть терминал (или любое дрогое приложение, где есть настройка цветов: правка - показать цвета/настройки цвета (control + command + c ))
Внизу открывшегося окна, есть панель рядом с пипеткой, с образцами цветов. Тебе просто от туда необходимо их перенести в корзину и все, они пропадут с Touch Bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This tutorial really worked. You can even rearrange the swatches by dragging them accordingly. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlOxlv15nis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines