• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Bugs before and after updating Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've never posted here before but I'll get to the point. Recently my Photoshop 2020 has been lagging/freezing/and crashing. For example, It goes slow or freezes when I open the text tool. Now it has got to the point where I've had to use task manager several times to close it and then I couldn't even open the program.

Then July 15th i had to use Task manager to close the frozen program and couldn't even open it after for a few hours. Tells me my Creative Cloud was "damaged?" I think was the term and so I repaired it. It then showed I could update my Photoshop to Ver 21. 

I did that and photoshop seemed to run smoother, still a little slow but it seemed I could draw. 

But then problems started showing up. 

Problem #1: Drawings Doubling

Any time I add a new layer whether it is for drawing or text. My previous layers seem to double as if I duplicated them. So I started to turn off all the layers to see if I made a mistake and duplicated something but no. Instead the new 'thickness' of my lineart disappeared when I turned off all the layers. Ok weird, but then it kept doing it anytime I made a change to the text or added a new layer.

Without weird Thickness 

20200719_171015.jpg

Weird Thickness

20200719_161507.jpg

Problem #2: Erasing everything

I select a layer but its erasing it all, I selected my lineart but it's erasing everything even my coloring. I even tried to lock the layers below but it still erased everything.

20200719_162728.jpg

Problem #3: Text Distortion 

I typed text and anytime I moved it or resized it, it did this until I turned off layers and turned them on again. (Lineart here also looks thick again)

20200719_161430.jpg

Problem #4: Not coloring

This was the weirdest. I was on my color layer and tried to color in a white spot I missed. And it wouldn't let me, then I tried to color in other spots. I could but it showed that I was coloring with a soft round brush but in the panel it showed I had selected a hard round brush and my opacity was 100%.

20200719_161814.jpg

The little white spots around the characters face I couldn't color but I could color her hair? And the strokes look soft

• I'm trying to draw but it's getting hard because the problems keep getting worse and I really don't know whats going on. First it was all the non stop freezing and crashing but I thought maybe it was because of the need for an update but now I'm having all these other problems and I can't continue drawing with them. 
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?