Highlighted

Multiple Photoshop versions installed on the computer

Contributor ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed my pc has 3 Photoshops installed, I thought that each time you did an update it would overwrite the previous. Can I delete the CC 2018 & CC 2019 without messing up the CC 2020?  I am considering keeping CC 2019 as a back up. If I do this and editing images in Lr how can I import to CC 2019? Won't they automatically go into CC 2020? CAn they be re-directed to CC 2019? Thanks for reading my post, looking forward to hearing from you. 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Hi there,

You can keep multiple versions of Photoshop installed on the computer if required. If you uninstall any version, it would not impact the performance of the other. 

To uninstall any application, go to the Creative cloud desktop application and click on the 3 dot icon on the bottom right of the application name card, then select uninstall.

If you have the latest version of both Lightroom Classic and Photoshop installed on the computer, Lightroom would default to Photoshop 2020 while using edit in but you can add Photoshop 2019 as an external editor to Lightroom Classic.

You can check the steps in the link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/help/external-editing-preferences.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Topics

How to, Import and export, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Multiple Photoshop versions installed on the computer

Contributor ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed my pc has 3 Photoshops installed, I thought that each time you did an update it would overwrite the previous. Can I delete the CC 2018 & CC 2019 without messing up the CC 2020?  I am considering keeping CC 2019 as a back up. If I do this and editing images in Lr how can I import to CC 2019? Won't they automatically go into CC 2020? CAn they be re-directed to CC 2019? Thanks for reading my post, looking forward to hearing from you. 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Hi there,

You can keep multiple versions of Photoshop installed on the computer if required. If you uninstall any version, it would not impact the performance of the other. 

To uninstall any application, go to the Creative cloud desktop application and click on the 3 dot icon on the bottom right of the application name card, then select uninstall.

If you have the latest version of both Lightroom Classic and Photoshop installed on the computer, Lightroom would default to Photoshop 2020 while using edit in but you can add Photoshop 2019 as an external editor to Lightroom Classic.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/help/external-editing-preferences.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Topics

How to, Import and export, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Regards,

Nikunj

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, appreciate the link you provided. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines