• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Plugins/Filters as Smart Objects

Participant ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best way to use multiple plugins as smart objects on the same photo?  I use Lightroom, Photoshop, Topaz and Luminar.  I know how to create  layer as a smart object and use a plugin as a filter, but want to know the best and most flexible way to do with multiple plugins.

I attached one screen shot of my current approach, but not sure it's the best way.  The key is to be able to adjust any filter after they've all been applied without losing the others' adjustments.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Screenshot which is attached shows good approach, you have filters stacked and you can modify and show - hide them as you will. You should be able and to change stacking order.

"I actually tried spot healing and clutter removal by double-clicking and editing the smart object instead."

If your layer was Background layer when converting it to Smart Object then Photoshop won't let you create additional layers when editing content of Smart Object. If you are opening from Lightroom do not open Smar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

The rule for editing SO (Smart Object) layer is something like below described:

• Converting layers to SO will allow you to add additional layers when editing SO layer.
  • Converting single Background layer to SO will not allow you to add additional layers when editing SO layer.
  • Single normal layer is considered as layered file/document and Ps will allow additional layers when editing SO layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

I actually tried spot healing and clutter removal by double-clicking and editing the smart object instead.  Can't do layers within that, I don't think, but worked for removing stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot which is attached shows good approach, you have filters stacked and you can modify and show - hide them as you will. You should be able and to change stacking order.

"I actually tried spot healing and clutter removal by double-clicking and editing the smart object instead."

If your layer was Background layer when converting it to Smart Object then Photoshop won't let you create additional layers when editing content of Smart Object. If you are opening from Lightroom do not open Smart Object but rather image then convert Background layer to normal before converting it to Smart Object layer. You should be able to add layers when editing Smart Object if that's your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  I haven't needed to create layers within editing a smart object, yet, but was curious if possible.  I do create a "normal" layer from Lightroom first, copy it, then convert the copy to a smart object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The rule for editing SO (Smart Object) layer is something like below described:

• Converting layers to SO will allow you to add additional layers when editing SO layer.
  • Converting single Background layer to SO will not allow you to add additional layers when editing SO layer.
  • Single normal layer is considered as layered file/document and Ps will allow additional layers when editing SO layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines