Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My account has become temperamental

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are at least three symptoms:

1/ Photoshop CC now wants me to sign in every time I want to use it.

2/ Even when I do that, it won't let me manage my account.

3/ If I rummage about a bit, I can get a friendly pop up that invites me to type a message, but it seems that no one is home at Adobe to read it.

4/ Despite (2), I was able to discover that Adobe is sucking money out of my credit card, so my account should still be current.

5/ CC doesn't work at all.  Not a peep.  Not even an error message.

6/ I've tried several plausible remedies such as trying to reinstall everything, but it won't let me do that.  Like CC, not a peep.

7/ I've looked for an easier way to get Adobe Support, but there seems to be nothing better than this that is accessible. 

8/ I can't even find a way to cancel my subscription.

9/ I found oodles of way to buy a new subscription all over again, but it seems silly to pay twice for something that doesn't work.

10/  Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Hi OutDamnSpot,

Sorry for a bad experience with Adobe products and support, let us help make it right.

I'd recommend that you start fresh by removing all Adobe apps(I guess you have Creative Cloud and Photoshop installed) and then reinstall them.

Please use Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to remove Photoshop and Creative Cloud from your computer. Here's the link: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

For the repeated sign in issue> This should get resolved after you use the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Contact Customer Care from a web browser? Go to Still need Help to open a chat session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to be ungrateful.

I got a bit further, and it looked like it was about to work, but I bumped into a catch 22.  I was able to get as far as having Adobe recognize me and tell me what Apps I've bought, and I tried to download Photoshop.

But.

It tried to use CC to do that and CC doesn't work.

So I sat looking at a screen telling me it was installing Photoshop.

I waited for ages, but it was obviously doing nothing.

I tried again.  Same result.

I can't find a way to reinstall CC so I can get started.

I think theoretically, CC should install automatically for my first application, but something in Adobe presumably knows that this isn't my first installation, so skips the Install CC step, not realizing that CC is broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi OutDamnSpot,

Sorry for a bad experience with Adobe products and support, let us help make it right.

I'd recommend that you start fresh by removing all Adobe apps(I guess you have Creative Cloud and Photoshop installed) and then reinstall them.

Please use Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to remove Photoshop and Creative Cloud from your computer. Here's the link: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

For the repeated sign in issue> This should get resolved after you use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool, but it still persists please refer the steps mentioned in this article: Adobe Creative Cloud signs you out or asks you to sign in repeatedly

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I checked the help for cleanup.  I'm sure that this is the correct approach, so I'll select the *Correct button when I've finished this reply, but the cleanup is a bit daunting and I'll need to pluck up quite a lot of courage before I try it.  Alternatively, there is a business in Hobart that does this sort of job for not too much money, so I might pay them to do the cleanup.  My computer seems sick in quite a lot of other ways too, so I'll probably get them to do a thorough job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can understand that the Cleaner tool might sounds a bit difficult to operate but it is as easy as uninstalling a program. Still, if you'd like to get someone help with the computer cleanup you can get it done.

Let us know how it goes.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tinkered a bit more.  By accident I discovered that the CC problem is probably a beeping Microsoft problem, not an Adobe problem.  For reasons too advanced for mere mortals like me, if I right click the CC icon, it asks if I want to run as administrator.  If I select that, it runs; if I don't, it doesn't.  Beeping security.

I've now accessed my account and discovered that an upgrade is available and I've upgraded successfully.  I'm yet to discover if the initial problem has been fixed, but I'm too frustrated to try that tonight, so I'll quit while I'm ahead and do more tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OutDamnSpot  wrote

I tinkered a bit more.  By accident I discovered that the CC problem is probably a beeping Microsoft problem, not an Adobe problem.  For reasons too advanced for mere mortals like me, if I right click the CC icon, it asks if I want to run as administrator.  If I select that, it runs; if I don't, it doesn't.  Beeping security.

I've now accessed my account and discovered that an upgrade is available and I've upgraded successfully.  I'm yet to discover if the initial problem has been fixed, but I'm too frustrated to try that tonight, so I'll quit while I'm ahead and do more tomorrow.

Thanks for the progress report. Sometimes what seems to be Adobe's software acting up can be the result of third party software interfering with it. I hope you get it straightened out. There are a lot of excellent Windows experts here that are ready to help if you have further questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines