Highlighted

My ACTIONS are MISSING

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My actions are missing. How do I get them back?

Forget it. Searched files and re-loaded them

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My ACTIONS are MISSING

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My actions are missing. How do I get them back?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 22, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the future - you can use system restore points to restore the previous state of your applications (including actions loaded in the panel).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unsaved Photoshop actions are stored in the Actions Palette:

Actions Palette.psp

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/script-to-help-back-up-photoshop-settings/td-p/11517871

The location of the Actions Palette.psp file can be found in locations similar to:

Mac:

/Users/username/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop ??? Settings/Actions Palette.psp

If the path has changed for later versions of Photoshop on the Mac, it should be easy enough to find working forwards from the Preferences folder listed above.

Win:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop\???\Adobe Photoshop ??? Settings\Actions Palette.psp

C:\Users\username\appData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop ???\Adobe Photoshop ??? Settings\Actions Palette.psp

P.S. Change "username" for your user account name. On Windows OS, the AppData directory is hidden by default.

The best practice is to manually save out each action set individually to a .atn (action) file using the menu on the upper right of the action palette window.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 1