Highlighted

My background won't stay transparent when I flatten the image

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to create a grid template which I would be able to overlay on top of various other images. I'm able to create my grid and have a transparent background, but once I flatten the image in order to overlay it onto another, the background is no longer transparent. Is there any way to maintain the transparency of the background, so that the grid can be transposed onto other images?

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My background won't stay transparent when I flatten the image

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to create a grid template which I would be able to overlay on top of various other images. I'm able to create my grid and have a transparent background, but once I flatten the image in order to overlay it onto another, the background is no longer transparent. Is there any way to maintain the transparency of the background, so that the grid can be transposed onto other images?

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you flatten the image? A flattened image has no transparency. 

Could you please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Channels, Options Bar, …) visible? 

You could merge the Layers and use a Library or save the image as a psd and place it via Image > Place … 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 1