• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My brush tool only paints like a spray can and I can't fix it

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't changed any of my brush settings and midway through using it, it's changed itself and I can't fix it. I usually like using the hard round brush but now it's stuck looking like I'm using a spray can line and I don't need that. It now doesn't matter how I change the brush tool, it's stuck on this one setting. 

I've tried resetting all of my tools and restarting my computer and it still is broken and I can't find anything else to try. Any help is greatly appreciated

error line.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Your layer is set to dissolve mode

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Check the options bar and change the Blending mode to Normal. It may be on Dissolve. If you don't see it, then show a screen shot of your options bar.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. The mode is on normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Madelyn5EB1 wrote:
... midway through using it, it's changed itself

The shortcut to change to Dissolve is Shift+Alt+I, which you may have done accidentally when you were trying to do something else. It will change the Layer if you are on the Move tool or the Brush if you are on the Brush tool. See a complete list of shortcuts for Blending modes in this list from Jesús Ramirez:

https://photoshoptrainingchannel.com/tips/all-photoshop-blend-mode-keyboard-shortcuts/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post screenshot with entire window and Layers panel visible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your layer is set to dissolve mode

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already stated by @davescm change blend mode for selected layer back to Normal. Use first drop down list on the left side above selected layer in the Layers panel to set Normal blend mode (currently is set to Dissolve).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did they make "Dissolve" the default on the latest version of Photoshop.  That was dumb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@marians95702950 wrote:

Why did they make "Dissolve" the default on the latest version of Photoshop.  That was dumb.

"Dissolve" is not the default. "Normal" is the default. Try resetting your Brush tool (or all tools) to its defaults. Right-click the tool icon in the options bar (not Toobar), then “Reset Tool” or “Reset All Tools”.

https://photoshoptrainingchannel.com/tips/reset-tools-default-state/

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines