Highlighted

My colour picker only has black colour

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop and tried to use my creative clouds on this new device, but I have engaged with a problem that my colour picker in photoshop only displays black colour. Initially I thought it was something wrong with my GPU driver because when I tried to use AE, it notified me with the message 'unsupported graphic driver'. So I updated both my windows and GPU driver to the latest version and then the AE problem was solved, but the colour picker problem in PS remained. Then I tried approaches suggested in the community such as not using graphic processor, uninstalling and reinstalling, installing a older version of PS, but none of them worked.

Does anyone know any solution to this problem? 

My device is ASUS UX581LV,

i9-10980HK 2.4GHz

32G

RTX2060

I have also attached the screenshots of my colour picker in PS.

Windows 10 Pro

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My colour picker only has black colour

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop and tried to use my creative clouds on this new device, but I have engaged with a problem that my colour picker in photoshop only displays black colour. Initially I thought it was something wrong with my GPU driver because when I tried to use AE, it notified me with the message 'unsupported graphic driver'. So I updated both my windows and GPU driver to the latest version and then the AE problem was solved, but the colour picker problem in PS remained. Then I tried approaches suggested in the community such as not using graphic processor, uninstalling and reinstalling, installing a older version of PS, but none of them worked.

Does anyone know any solution to this problem? 

My device is ASUS UX581LV,

i9-10980HK 2.4GHz

32G

RTX2060

I have also attached the screenshots of my colour picker in PS.

Windows 10 Pro

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the tools and/or preferences.
To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.
Note: Using the keyboard shortcut, preference files for custom shortcuts, workspaces, and color settings will also be reset to default.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#restore_preferences

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply. I tried the resetting approach just now and it didn't work either.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2020 0
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it on any photo?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
Xz0122 LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The problem is solved now by colour calibrating.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0