My Content Aware Tool copies an image instead of moving it?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've recently began drawing on PhotoShop and when I made this sketch, I had to move it lower in the frame - I'm very new to PhotoShop so I searched how I'm supposed to move parts/the whole of a sketch and it said to use Lasso and then Content Aware Tool to move the selected part of an image. Supposedly when I move my part of the image the sketch should go where I want and the place it originally was would be filled in with blankness, but it instead just copies the image, bringing it down to where I wanted, and then the original stays in its place?

Cuisle5F9D_0-1607291459899.png

If you look at this image, you see what I mean - the sketch has been copied twice! Anyone know where I'm going wrong? Thanks!

TOPICS
How to, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My Content Aware Tool copies an image instead of moving it?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've recently began drawing on PhotoShop and when I made this sketch, I had to move it lower in the frame - I'm very new to PhotoShop so I searched how I'm supposed to move parts/the whole of a sketch and it said to use Lasso and then Content Aware Tool to move the selected part of an image. Supposedly when I move my part of the image the sketch should go where I want and the place it originally was would be filled in with blankness, but it instead just copies the image, bringing it down to where I wanted, and then the original stays in its place?

Cuisle5F9D_0-1607291459899.png

If you look at this image, you see what I mean - the sketch has been copied twice! Anyone know where I'm going wrong? Thanks!

TOPICS
How to, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 06, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hard to tell what you did. Photoshop History panel is not visible so we can not see the Photoshop tools and feature you used. We doe not know where your sketch should be located of if you have merged sketch layers for the sketch layer looks like a double exposure where there has been some movement.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So here I used the pen tool and the Content Aware Tool - what I'm lookng for is a tool thta can move part of an image (that i selected with the lasso tool) as opposed to simply copying it and leaving the original in there. Everytime I try to find a tutorial for this function it brings me to the Lasso + Content Aware tool combo. Is there any other way to move/resize a sketch or parts of a sketch on Photoshop that anyone knows of?

Cuisle5F9D_0-1607538266829.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no magic in Photoshop. If you make large rough selection like you show above in a complex line sketch like you first append and do not move the whole selectiom to a none overlapping area what do you expect Context Aware Move  to perform.  Try moving  selection an then fix up the voided area create by the move.

I would not expect content aware move to create the first image you posted.  It look more like merge black lined layers that were duplicated and move some.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you! I've played around a little more in Photoshop and feel like I'm getting a better grasp of the Content Aware Tool!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2020 0