• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My hotkeys and brushes deleted for some reason

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened up PS today to find all of my downloaded brushes have been deleted, whisked away, but the defaults sure are there! This was right along with my shortcuts, which seem to delete themselves often.

Is this just a me problem? The program doesn't hard crash on me, so I really don't know what the issue is and it's kind of rediculous you have to stop for 10-15 minutes to reinstall things every so often, especially when excited to get drawing.

Is there like a 'settings' I can back up with all this stuff on it? I get the feeling this ugly bug isn't going to be resolved cleanly, so I'm looking for how to more easily recover from it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Holy

Can you find the brush and other presets on your hard drive? If the path to that file location has been corrupted for any reason, then Photoshop obviously won't be able to load and show them.  This link shows you were the presets should be.  (scroll down Windows).  It is a good idea to back up this file hierarchy.

Photoshop preference file functions, names, locations (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip! So, should I find these files, I can basically save them elsewhere, and drop them in to replace the blank slates in the event this happens again? My tech knowledge is just above surface level, so sorry if this is a bit of a redundant question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nah, not what im looking for and in fact, it seems to only be a way to give me a reference for my shortcuts, which i can more or less live without. This issue still lives on to this very day, haunting every waking moment I take to boot the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines