• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My image is croped after I transform + out of the canvas + unselect : I would like it to NOT do that

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

my problem is actually quite simple, when you transform an image + put it partically out of the canvas + unselect it, what's out of the canvas is cropped and pixels are deleted.
So :

Julie5FAB_0-1605891527234.png

Julie5FAB_1-1605891565850.png

Julie5FAB_2-1605891579873.pngJulie5FAB_3-1605891597543.pngJulie5FAB_4-1605891611847.png

Until this point the image still exist (see), I moved it and it's still there : 

Julie5FAB_5-1605891655017.png

BUT.. when I unselect it, the pixels out of the canvas are croped..

Julie5FAB_6-1605891709274.png

What I want to know is HOW to make it stop cropping my images.
I know that the cropping tool have an option that if you select it makes all your pixel out of your canvas being cropped, but I already have it unselected.. (in french there)

Julie5FAB_7-1605891905465.png

Can someone know how to change this ?
I don't seems to find solution online, and as someone drawing as a job and using the trasnform tool all the time, it is quite time consuming to move each image before so it would not be cropped..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest  you work in a non destructive work flow. Use Photoshop layer  create a  layer of the selected area you want to transform ( Ctrl+J) then  transform the new  layer  that way you have the image unaltered and the selected area transform in a higher image layer in the stack  nothing has been cropped or lost. Some of the transformed image  area may be clipped  be clipped the the document canvas size. However, the content is still the clipped layer's content. So it can move in or the canvas can be expanded to recover the clipped content.

Capture.jpg

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you a lot !
This indeed works, I would still love to know if there is anyway to do it without having to change layer 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could add canvas first then transform work with a destructive work flow.   You will have fewer start overs if you work in a non destructive manners. Layer is where Photoshop Power is the save you  work.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried it and it doesn't work.

I already work in a non destructive maner, thanks for the tip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines