• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My image moves position after using the Rotate tool

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just started using Photoshop 2020 and now every time I use the rotate tool Photoshop automatically move my image from where I had it positioned, meaning if you are zoomed in, the section you were working on in nolonger visible. This means every time you rotate the canvas you have to pan back to the area of canvas you wanted to be working on.

Has anyone else come across this?

Is it a know bug? Or is this a helpful new feature! 😂 And if so how do I get rid of it!

Cheers,

Annes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

After it behaving this way all of yesterday and this morning, as soon as I returned to working after writing the above post, the issue dissappread! 🤣

I can only assume that the threat of the Adobe community condeming it's behaviour Photoshop decided to clean up it act. Only reasonable explanaiton.

So, I'm afraid if you're having the same issue I can't offer any advice other than give it a bit of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Preferences>Tools> Click Overscroll on. Stopped problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After it behaving this way all of yesterday and this morning, as soon as I returned to working after writing the above post, the issue dissappread! 🤣

I can only assume that the threat of the Adobe community condeming it's behaviour Photoshop decided to clean up it act. Only reasonable explanaiton.

So, I'm afraid if you're having the same issue I can't offer any advice other than give it a bit of time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started getting this too.  Any fix available?  Very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue. I tried reseting the preferences and it fixed the issue momentarily. After a few hours of using the program it returned. Can't get rid of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I've had this problem return a few times since I first posted.
For me it seems to go away of its own accord, which unfortunately means I
still don't know how to actually get rid of it.

I hope your Photoshop self corrects soon!

--
Blue Zoo Animation Studio | 385 Euston Rd, London NW1 3AU | t. +44 (0)20
7434 4111 Twitter | Facebook
| LinkedIn
| Instagram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences>Tools> Click Overscroll on. Stopped problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!!! Worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the answer - worked for me after weeks of this issue and I use photoshop 8+ hours a day. Reinstalling older versions and all that... this fixed it. Thank you sir!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines