Highlighted

My pattern assets are missing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I opened Photoshop 2020 (Windows 10) today to find that all of my assets in the new Pattern panel have disappeared! Does anyone know if I can get them back and how? Thank you.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by silk-m | Most Valuable Participant

Import the pattern you saved from the pattern panel menu.

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 18.18.26.png

I don't know the exact location for Windows, but it is here for my Mac.

/Users/User Name/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop 2020/Presets/Patterns/Your Patterns.pat

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My pattern assets are missing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I opened Photoshop 2020 (Windows 10) today to find that all of my assets in the new Pattern panel have disappeared! Does anyone know if I can get them back and how? Thank you.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by silk-m | Most Valuable Participant

/Users/User Name/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop 2020/Presets/Patterns/Your Patterns.pat

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 30, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Manage pattern libraries and presets (Show legacy patterns)

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/patterns-libraries-presets.html#Showlegacypatterns

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you click on panel menu > Restore Default Patterns? Have you tried that?

restore default patterns ps.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My default patterns are showing in the Patterns panel. But I had added some .PAT files of my own since I upgraded to PS2020. Those are the ones that are missing. I've been using them and now they are gone.

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file names have all been changed to "untitled*", but they are there! Thank you so much!

Gail

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I have the same problem (I'm on MacOS 10.15.4 and using PS 21.1.3). The Patterns folder in the Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop 2020/Presets folder is empty and there's no "My patterns" in the Pattern panel menu.

I also looked into old PS versions' Patterns folders but they are all empty.

What can I do?

All the other presets are here, just the Patterns are not.

here's a screenshot of my Patterns panel menu

Schermata 2020-06-09 alle 23.41.08.png

thanks so much in advance

marcella

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I was just using my patterns this morning and now when I went back to use them again from the pattern panel they are gone! Not all of them just the most recent ones (the ones I made in the past 3 months). Where did they go? I am worried they are gone forever. I tried to do load patterns but I didnʻt save a .pat file so I donʻt have something to load.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, am on Mac OS 10.15.4 and using Ps 21.1.3. I searched for "your patterns.pat" but did not find it, in the preset section of the Application support for Photoshop 2020 I only have an AMT folder and a PDF folder.

I am at loss. What can I do?

ps this is my Pattern menu

Schermata 2020-06-09 alle 23.41.08.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I just opened my photoshop and i have the exact same problem! All the patterns i created are gone! Have you been able to find a solution to this??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I had a Photoshop update and I am having the same issue. All the patterns I have created (about 200) are gone. I have checked the presets and the only ones there are the ones that come with the software. Where can I find them?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did it happen with the 21.2.1 update?

Were the patterns saved on disk, or did they just exist in the patterns panel?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it did! After further research I learned that I did not save the patterns as presets so my fault. I have the backup for each so I had to re-define the patterns. Lesson learned- thanks for the reply though!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2020 0