Highlighted

My pen pressure not working with the new Photoshop update 2020 (21.2.2)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,
since three years I've a Companion 2  and I use PSUserConfig.txt regularly with every update!

Too bad that this time it is useless!
Even on my computer desktop after the last update, I no longer have pressure.
What do I have to do?
The program does not show me any errors in the brush configuration panel, but actually when I paint I have no sensitivity. 😞

Thanks!!!

Topics

Bug, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My pen pressure not working with the new Photoshop update 2020 (21.2.2)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,
since three years I've a Companion 2  and I use PSUserConfig.txt regularly with every update!

Too bad that this time it is useless!
Even on my computer desktop after the last update, I no longer have pressure.
What do I have to do?
The program does not show me any errors in the brush configuration panel, but actually when I paint I have no sensitivity. 😞

Thanks!!!

Topics

Bug, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 23, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been reported many times now. It seems as with 21.2.2 Adobe decided to go for Windows ink and stop using WinTab - no clue why. So one is supposed to activate Windows ink again in the tablet settings and delete the PSUserConfig file. However this comes with a whole new wave of problems - annoying interferences with key strokes, extensions not behaving properly, pressure sensitivity not working occasionally ...

For now the only good decision is to go back to 21.2.1 - backup your settings before you do. Otherwise you have to set them up all over again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 23, 2020 2