Highlighted

My photo is missing from Photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone please help! So yesterday night I had this image on photoshop cc that I decided I didn’t like. I then created a new layer within it, and the deleted the picture layer, thinking that it wouldn’t show in the program anymore, but this new thing would instead. I started drawing on the new layer, and I made a few other layers too and got pretty far along with it. I then saved it and closed up my laptop. Today, I went to open the drawing, and it said something along the lines of “file does not exist”, like it was deleted out of this air. Where did it go?! I’ve searched my drive a few times, looked through file extensions and zipped folders, and nothing. Is there no way to retrieve it?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Topics

Bug, FAQ, How to, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My photo is missing from Photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone please help! So yesterday night I had this image on photoshop cc that I decided I didn’t like. I then created a new layer within it, and the deleted the picture layer, thinking that it wouldn’t show in the program anymore, but this new thing would instead. I started drawing on the new layer, and I made a few other layers too and got pretty far along with it. I then saved it and closed up my laptop. Today, I went to open the drawing, and it said something along the lines of “file does not exist”, like it was deleted out of this air. Where did it go?! I’ve searched my drive a few times, looked through file extensions and zipped folders, and nothing. Is there no way to retrieve it?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Topics

Bug, FAQ, How to, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

That is not a typical experience, could you please let us know where di you save the image?
What format did you save the image in?

Have you tried seaarching for a PSD file?

Also, in Photoshop please check the recent file list to see if you can find the file, https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/start-open-recent-files-workspace.html

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines